- R&D services
- Biotechnolgy kits
- Scientific and technical instruments
- Internet and information technologies
- CRO / CMO / SMO
- Professional services
- Training and spreading
Biotechvana is a biotechnology company that delivers software and scientific services in bioinformatics and computational biology. Our portfolio includes development of databases and software, services for biological data analysis (e.g. omics), as well as services for the administration and curation of bioinformatic infrastructures.
We provide services to universities, research centres, hospitals, and biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. We also deliver training workshops and courses on bioinformatics from user to expert level, for either groups or in personalized one-on-one sessions.
We are located in:
Parc Cientific Universitat de Valencia. C/ Catedrático Agustín Escardino 9,
Edificio 3, Despachos 1.17-1.18. Paterna. Valencia.
Parque Cientifico de Madrid. C/ Faraday 7. Cantoblanco. Madrid
1. Biological data analysis services
- Characterization of new genomes and transcriptomes in eukaryots (plants, animals and fungi), prokaryots (bacteria), viruses and mobile genetic elements.
- Functional analysis: gene ontology and metabolic routes.
- Differential expression studies using omic data (RNAseq, microarrays, proteomics, metabolomics, Luminex).
- Epigenetic studies (Bisulfite, MeDIP, and others).
- Metagenomics and microbial diversity.
- Phylogenetic analysis and biological networks.
- Integrative multiomics.
- Knowledge discovery for precision diagnostics.
- Other analysis services on demand.
2. TIC services
- Tailor- made software, database and computational pipeline development.
- Installation, administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure at the client facilities.
- Technical support for software users.
- Creation and development of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- “Pay-as-you-go” computational services for the execution of bioinformatic pipelines on Biotechvana servers.
3. Software products: GPRO Suite (https://gpro.biotechvana.com). Software package for bioinformatics analysis including the following tools:
- RNASeq – Differential gene expression from RNAseq data.
- DeNovoSeq – De novo genome assembly and annotation.
- SeqEditor – Visualization and management of nucleotide and protein sequences.
- STATools – Statistical analysis and graphical representation of biological data.
- Worksheet – Management of omic annotations for knowledge discovery.
- VariantSeq – SNPs and indel analysis.
4. R&D consulting and delivery of training courses on bioinformatics:
- Introduction to Bioinformatics.
- Introduction to HTS analysis.
- Introducción a la programación.
- Introduction to computational programming.
- Introduction to genotyping and genetic diagnosis.
- An introduction to GPRO.
- Introduction to proprietary and public bioinformatics resources.
- Introduction to Linux.
- Methods and tools for phylogenetic reconstruction analysis.
- RNA-seq: transcriptome annotation and differential expression analysis.
- WGS metagenomics and metatranscriptomics.
- 16S/18S metagenomics: microbial diversity analyses.
- Calling and annotation of variants in genome/exome in cancer samples.
- Calling and annotation of variants in genome/exome in Mendelian disease samples.
- Assembly and annotation of prokaryotic genomes.
- Assembly and annotation of eukaryotic genomes.
- P-systems and membrane computing.
- Programming in Java.
- Programming in PHP.
- Programming in R.
- Programming in Python.
- Design and programing of biological databases.
- Advanced Linux: system administration and pipeline design.
- Advanced Bioinformatics using GPRO.
- Medical biotechnology.
- Agricultural biotechnology.
- Industrial biotechnology.
- Research and Development.