Center For Scientific and Technological Research of Extremadura (CICYTEX)
- Agriculture / veterinary / environmental
- Biologic control (plagues..) and bioestimulants of crops
- Other enhancement techniques (molecular marker..)
- Animal health / Veterinary
- Animal Food / Feed
- Functional Food
- Substance detection
- Food safety
- Vitamins and nutrition products
- C. Industrial Biotechnology
- APIs and green chemical
- Fermentation or biocatalysis
- Residues valoration
- D. Services
- R&D services
Contribute to economic development, to improve the competitiveness of the companies in our area and to the well-being of society through the generation, application and dissemination of scientific-technological knowledge, innovation and the training of human resources in the field of agriculture, livestock, agrifood, forest resources and dehesa prioritizing efforts in sectors in which there is high growth potential.
CICYTEX has 4 research institutes:
- Agrarian Research Institute Finca La Orden-Valdesequera
- Agrifood Technological Institute (INTAEX)
- Institute of Cork, Wood and Charcoal (ICMC)
- Center for Organic and Mountain Agriculture
CICYTEX carries out applied research, technological development and the generation of new knowledge in the field of agriculture, livestock, agri-food and natural resources.
The main lines of research in which the center carries out its activity are:
- Sustainability of agroforestry systems:
- Reduction of environmental impact and actions against climate change.
- Maintenance / improvement of agroecosystems. Conservation of genetic diversity.
- Productivity, sustainability and efficiency of agroforestry systems.
- Diversification of production.
- Efficient integration of the production chain.
- Generation and application of technologies for efficient management of agrosystems
- Development of integrated management techniques for pests and diseases of cultivated plants and forest species.
- Bioindustries: Significant progress towards productive and sustainable sectors, with greater efficiency in the use of resources by exploitation of terrestrial biological resources and renewable energy.
- Food Sciences and Technology:
- New technological processes of transformation, storage, processing and packaging of food.
- Development of healthier foods and use of bioactive and functional ingredients.
- Valuing the quality and increasing the shelf life of traditional foods that contribute to improving their competitiveness.
- Reduction and use of by-products and agri-food waste.
- Collaborations with companies through contracts.
- Collaborations with other entities (companies, other research organizations…) to participate in research projects of national or European calls.