- Health Biotechnology
- Areas of activity
- In vitro diagnostics
- Diagnostic imaging
- Therapeutic areas
- Infectious diseases
- Digestive system and hepatology
- Metabolic disorders / Endocrinology
- R&D services
- Biotechnolgy kits
- Nanotechnology and in silico biology
- Professional services
- Training and spreading
Genómica is the first Spanish company focused on molecular diagnostics that also have an extensive experience in the analysis of Genetic Identification. Founded in 1990, it is located in the Community of Madrid and it is 100% owned by Zeltia. Our mission is to improve current methods of molecular diagnosis and genetic identification using reliable and automatic tools, according to the highest quality standards.
Genómica GENOMICA designs, manufactures and markets, nationally and internationally, molecular diagnostics applications (IVD) based on the amplification and subsequent detection of genetic material on its innovative CLART® platform, which is a combination of low-density arrays and a colorimetric reader, that includes a specific software for its analysis, developed for this purpose (SAICLART®).
To date market lines addressed are two: diagnosis of infectious diseases and pharmacogenomics related to cancer. This last one is based in the detection of human gene mutations associated with factors determining tumor response to therapy.
In the area of Genetic Identification, Genómica performs forensic genetic identification, parentage testing, "turnkey" projects for laboratories for analysis of genetic fingerprinting and population-based databases.
- Marketing of diagnostics products mainly in Middle East,Eastern Europe and Asia.
- Inlicensing: Diagnostic systems in oncology and molecular microbiology. OEM opportunity in both markets.
- Outlicensing: Technology transfer and staff training on DNA genetic fingerprinting