Microomics Systems S.L.
- A. Health Biotechnology
- Areas of activity
- Therapeutic areas
- Infectious diseases
- Gynaecology and obstetrics
- Digestive system and hepatology
- Kidney and genitourinary system
- Respiratory and pulmonary system
- Metabolic disorders / Endocrinology
- B. Agrifood Biotechnology
- Agriculture / veterinary / environmental
- Biologic control (plagues..) and bioestimulants of crops
- Environmental cleanup / testing
- Other enhancement techniques (molecular marker..)
- Animal health / Veterinary
- Animal Food / Feed
- Substance detection
- Food safety
- Vitamins and nutrition products
- C. Industrial Biotechnology
- D. Services
- R&D services
- Biotechnolgy kits
- Internet and information technologies
- Professional services
- Supplies and materials providers
Microomics Systems, S.L. is a biotech-based spin-off from the Center for Genomic Regulation of the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB).
We are specialists in metagenomic analysis through the use of new DNA sequencing technologies (NGS), with the aim of characterizing the composition and functions of the microbiome present in a sample. We master all stages of the analysis process: scientific-technical advice on the experimental design, preparation of libraries and sequencing and bioinformatics-statistical analysis with an interpretation of the results in the delivery of the final report.
This service is of interest and utility to various sectors such as Pharmacy, Health, Agriculture and Livestock, Consumer Goods Industry and Environment Industry.
Our services include different types of analyses: Bacterial metagenomics (16S), Fungal metagenomics (ITS), Shotgun metagenomics, Complete Genome Analysis and Transcriptomics (RNAseq).
We offer a 360º service. That means a complete process in which Microomics takes care of all analysis stages:
- Scientific-technical advice and support of the experimental design to understand the needs of the project and customize the interpretation of results.
- Reception and processing of samples, nucleic acids extraction, libraries preparation and sequencing.
- Validation of the results through controls and personalized pipelines. Bioinformatics and statistical analysis.
- Detailed, dynamic and personalized final report delivery to make an interpretation of the results.
Our business strengths rely on high technical expertise and top-notch research facilities, combined with attractive strategic partnerships and academic collaborations. In this sense, Microomics is open to set up synergic partnerships with other companies in order to jointly develop new solutions. We look for partners interested in licensing our products to new markets.