Microomics: Postoctoral researcher in “Metagenomics databases and Machine Learning”
Microomics, a spin-off company in the area of metagenomics is seeking for a postdoctoral researcher to jointly apply to the Tecniospring Industry call http://catalonia.com/innovate-in-catalonia/tecniospringplus/tecniospringcall.jsp
This call offers experienced researchers the possibility to develop applied research projects within their area of interest. In this case Microomics (www.microomics.eu) is actively doing research and development within the field of machine learning and exploitation of metagenomics databases for monitoring, diagnostic, and predictive purposes. The candidate would be integrated within the research and development team in our premises at Barcelona and collaborate actively with other researchers at Microomics and work under the direct supervision of our CSO Toni Gabaldón, and our CEO/COO Pedro González. The ideal candidate would have the following skills/abilities:
- PhD degree or more than four years of research experience in areas related to: genomics, metagenomics, microbiology, computer science, machine learning, big data analysis or database managing and exploitation.
- Full fill all requirements from the above mentioned call, including the mobility requirement: not having resided in Spain for 12 months or more in the last three years.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of one or more programming language (i.e. python, R, C++, Java, etc).
- Prior experience in machine learning will be highly valued.
Please send a cover letter, a CV, and the name of two previous supervisors/collaborators willing to provide a reference to the COO webmail address (before november 20st):email@example.com ; Please indicate “Microomics Postdoctoral researcher” in the subject.