UK-Spain Covid-19 Vaccines Roundtable
The British Embassy in Madrid and the Consulate General in Barcelona organize this bilateral session, which will bring together key players to discuss current and future challenges in COVID-19 vaccine development
Commitment to support the scientific community working on COVID-19 vaccines research, as well as international cooperation for development are essential in the fight against the global COVID-19 pandemic. Researchers from British and Spanish organisations are leading the way in the development of COVID-19 vaccines, and the governments of both countries are fully committed to international collaboration in this arena.
The British Embassy in Madrid and the Consulate General in Barcelona would like to invite you to this bilateral session, which will bring together key actors to discuss the current and future challenges, and identify areas for further collaboration.
The programme will kick off with keynote speeches from the UK Vaccines Taskforce and AEMPS (Spanish Government Agency of Medicines and Medical Devices). This will be followed by two roundtable discussions on ‘COVID-19 Vaccines Research Development’ and ‘The Importance of Collaboration and International Co-operation for Successful COVID-19 Vaccines’, with representatives from GAVI (the global Vaccines Alliance) and AstraZeneca, amongst others.
- Date: Friday 20th November 2020
- Time: 09:30 -11:15 (CET Spain time) / 8:30 – 10:15 (UK time GMT)
- 9:30 am - 9:35 am Welcome - British Ambassador to Spain, Hugh Elliott
- 9:35 am - 9:45 am Overview vaccines development in the UK and British commitment to combat the COVID-19 virus: UK Vaccines Taskforce, International Director, Tim Colley
- 9:45 am - 9:55 am Overview vaccines development in Spain and Spanish commitment to combat the COVID-19 virus : AEMPS (Spanish Government Agency of Medicines and Medical Devices), Director, Maria Jesus Lamas Diaz
- 9:55 am - 10:05 am Moderator introductions : NIHR (National Institute for Health Research) - Divya Chadha Manek
- 10:05 am - 10:35 am Roundtable 1 - COVID-19 Vaccines Research Development: Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol - Dr Pere Cardona, Imperial - Dr Katrina Pollock and CSIC (Spanish National Research Council )- Dra Margarita del Val Latorre
- 10:35 am - 11:05 am Roundtable 2 - Importance of collaboration and International Co-operation for sucessful COVID-19 Vaccines: Astrazeneca - Luis Cordero- Director of International Relations and Market Access, GAVI-Aurelia Nguyen - Managing Director of Covax facility
- 11:05 am - 11:15 am Closing remarks
We welcome your input to the session and invite you to send us questions for us to ask our speakers in the session.
We would also like to offer setting up one to one virtual meetings with the UK speakers and our UK contacts in the COVID-19 Vaccines arena - please get in touch with us to discuss: email@example.com
Please note that this event will be in English and that it will take place via Microsoft TEAMS.
If you would like to join us, please see the agenda, latest information and register here.