Bioinformatician job offer
Peptomyc is a spin-off from the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO - a European lead center for clinical trials (CTs) in oncology) constituted in Barcelona in 2014. Peptomyc discovers and develops first-in-class oncology drugs and research & diagnostic tools. Its founders are Dr. Laura Soucek (the MYC KOL who designed Omomyc and used it to reveal the therapeutic window of MYC inhibition), Dr. Marie-Eve Beaulieu (the protein scientist who discovered the cell-penetrating properties of the Omomyc mini-protein), the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) and ICREA.
Peptomyc’s mission is to revolutionize cancer treatment by harnessing the potential of precision medicine to target culprit drivers of cancer. For more information about the company please visit: www.peptomyc.com
We are looking for a bioinformatician with experience in biomarkers R&D to support the discovery and early testing of predictive and response biomarkers linked to Peptomyc’s current and new pipeline assets. Activities include identification of mechanisms of sensitivity and resistance to transcription factors modulation in cancers, characterization of the prognostic and predictive value of plasma and tissue markers in the context of transcription factors-targeted therapies and discovery of new potential therapeutic targets for cancer treatment. The qualified candidate will be responsible for generating and analyzing multi-omics data from tumor and plasma samples and of analyzing available and proprietary databases, playing a major role in support of the biotherapeutic discovery efforts at Peptomyc.
- Efficiently process and organize both internal and external genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and epigenomics datasets pivotal to Peptomyc’s mission.
- Contribute actively to the creation of tools and machine learning models for biomarker analysis and new target discovery.
- Analyze and present data to supervisor and during meetings
- Participate in the preparation of technical reports and quantitative analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in bioinformatics, science or engineering with sufficient knowledge and interest in biology or bachelor’s in biology or biotechnology.
- MSc in data science, machine learning or similar or computational biology.
- PhD in data science, machine learning or similar or computational biology.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Omics projects
- Proficiency in processing and analyzing WES, WGS, RNA-seq, and other relevant datasets
- Experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence, and basic knowledge of epidemiology and omics data.
- Programming: R and Python.
- Experience in version control programming (e.g., Git) and hosting (e.g., GitHub).
- Knowledge and experience in statistics, statistical modeling, machine learning, and deep learning is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon AWS or similar cloud providers is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in life sciences research is a plus.
- Excellent technical, organizational, and analytical skills are required
- Fluency in spoken and written English and ability to work well in a collaborative and a fastpaced environment are a must.
What we offer:
- Working in an exciting international biotech start-up environment set in the rapidly growing life science sector of Barcelona.
- An enthusiastic team that pushes the boundaries of drug development by discovering and developing innovative treatments against cancer to improve patients’ lives.
- Working with a passionate, highly skilled and multidisciplinary team.
- Fast-paced work setting with vast opportunities for professional growth.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
- Full-time permanent contract, good working environment, flexible working hours and location.
- Starting date: asap
To join Peptomyc and contribute to our exciting projects, applicants should send a CV, contact information of at least one reference and a cover letter to: email@example.com.