OneChain Immunotherapeutics S.L (OCI) is a clinical stage spin-off company from Fundación Josep Carreras with investment by Invivo Ventures, Clave Capital, Nara Capital and CDTI-Innvierte (Ministerio de Industria). Our mission is to improve people’s health by advancing our clinical and preclinical pipeline of CAR T-cells against various cancers. OCI is growing rapidly and is about to expand to a new laboratory in the Barcelona Scientific Park (PCB). For more information, please visit https://www.onechaintx.com
Role and functions We are looking a strongly motivated, dynamic and exceptional researcher with a PhD in life sciences and experience with in vivo models in oncology. You will have a key role in advancing various products in our promising preclinical CAR-T pipeline towards clinical trials.
The candidate will:
- Design and take responsibility for all animal work.
- Set up our in-house animal facility at PCB.
- Collaborate effectively with an extensive network of scientists and with the execution of several projects within the company.
- Coordinate with CROs/collaborators for animal work done externally.
- Work in coordination with the Research Director.
- Develop cutting-edge cellular tools in the field of new CAR-T and autologous and allogeneic therapies in order to implement it use, culture conditions and scale-up feasibility at the pre-clinical and clinical stages.
- Conduct independently in vitro and in vivo immunological analysis.
- PhD holders with reasonable experience in industry, CROs or academia in scientific areas related with cancer animal models.
- An up to date “experimental animal certification” (A/B/C/D functions ECC 566 / 2015)
- Scientific track record demonstrated with publications or patents.
- Strong knowledge of experimentation working with animal models and/or immunodeficient mice and technical skills in general cell culture and molecular biology.
- Experience in cell biology, molecular oncology, hematology and immunology
Desirable experience. The following experience specifications constitute a qualification bonus:
- Immuno-oncology and/or immunology.
- Flow cytometry.
- General cell culture of cell lines and primary cells.
- Handling of primary human blood samples.
- Viral vector production.
- In vitro and in vivo preclinical work for clinical trials, regulatory IMPD applications.
- Basic understanding of GMP requirements for Cell and Gene Therapy
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Independence, leadership, technical troubleshooting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work under deadlines pressure to meet company’s goals.
- Fluent (written and oral).
- Competitive salary plus bonus based on qualifications and consistent with the company’s pay scales (Junior Scientist).
- An open-ended contract.
- Selected candidates will receive specific training in those areas that require a higher expertise.
- Target start date is March-April 2024.
- Parc Científic de Barcelona (PCB): https://www.pcb.ub.edu/en
Please send your complete CV and a motivation letter (please explain why interested in this job) till February 15th 2024. Provide two referee e-mails able to assess your scientific potential and previous performance.
Application should be sent to the Research Director Dr. Víctor M Díaz (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please clearly state “OCI_Junior_Scientist_2024_your name”. The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise.
Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Research Director.
Final candidates may be also evaluated by the CSO and the CEO of the company