Role and functions
We are looking for a talented postdoctoral researcher to join OCI. The candidate will:
- Conduct strategic projects in coordination with the Research Director and the CSO.
- Help to develop new immunotherapies pre-clinically.
- Collaborate effectively with an extensive network of scientists.
- Participate in national and international collaborations.
- Integrate well & collaborate with existing academic investigator in the research group.
- Conduct in vitro and in vivo immunological analysis.
- Conduct data analysis and interpretation.
- Assist in the preparation of high-quality data for patents and scientific publications.
- Represent OCI at scientific and business meetings, if necessary
We are seeking for a highly motivated, proactive and dynamic scientist with a PhD in life sciences and solid immunology technical skills.
- Scientific track record demonstrated with publications in solid scientific journals.
- Strong knowledge and technical skills in cell and molecular biology, FACS, immunology and cancer
- Expertise handling primary human blood samples.
- Experience in viral vector production.
- Experience with animal models and/or immunodeficient mice.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Independence, leadership, technical troubleshooting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Fluent (written and oral)
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with the company’s pay scales.
- An open-ended contract.
- Possibility to apply for external competitive funding such as Torres Quevedo program, among others.
- Target start date is first trimester 2021
- Please send your complete CV and a motivation letter (please explain why interested in this job)
- Provide two referees able to assess your scientific potential and previous performance
- Application should be sent to the Research Director Dr. Víctor M Díaz (email@example.com) before 31/12/2020. Please clearly state “Postdoc Position OCI”. The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise.
- Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Research Director, CSO and CEO.