Técnico de laboratorio en modelos de cáncer de ratón (ref. LAB / 19/05)
The Stem Cell and Cancer group, headed by Prof. Salvador Aznar Benitah, is seeking to incorporate a Lab Technician to support a sponsored drug discovery programme in collaboration with ONA Therapeutics S.L., a recently founded startup located at the Barcelona Science Park (Parc Científic de Barcelona, PCB).
Ona Therapeutics is a biotech company, spin-off of ICREA and Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona), specialized in the discovery and development of therapeutic biologics targeting tumor metastatic-initiating cells and lipid metabolism (www.ona-therapeutics.com).
- The candidate will support the discovery and preclinical development of a novel anticancer therapy, based on the results generated at Prof. Benitah’s lab.
- This person will work in close collaboration with a Postdoc at the lab of Prof. Benitah but will carry out specific research and development work to support the drug discovery program in collaboration with at ONA Therapeutics.
Experience, knowledge, skills & selection criteria
Must Have – Required
- Lab technician degree or MSc in life sciences related disciplines
- FELASA accreditation is essential
- Proven background in mouse cancer models (at least 2 years of experience)
- Ability to work in an efficient and organized manner
- Motivated, enthusiastic and collaborative person
- Capable of working independently under guideline supervision
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be fluent in English
- Proven knowledge of the drug discovery process/ biotech industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan would also be an advantage
Working conditions & entitlements
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
International environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
Applications for the above opening should include a motivation letter, full CV with contact details, previous experiences and detailed list of techniques and 2-3 contact for references, and should be sent by e-mail to:
email@example.com, indicating the Reference: LAB/19/05